Plovdiv is a laboratory for urban research. The city offers diversified range of topics and research questions which may be approached in different urban places and spaces. The students may accommodate their research goals to the organization of cultural events, depending on their coincidence with the city's cultural calendar. They may also profit from the going on festive events of different communities, not to mention possibility of observation and analysis of the places of everyday.
- The city – space of differences – ethnic and religious variety and public life
- Places of everyday and places of memory – practices and rituals
- Construction of urban heritage and cultural projects (transformation of districts and social dynamics, festival life and culture of projects)
- The city – places of loving; studying urban places and districts
- Nature in city – appropriation of urban spaces – the hills and the river
- „Invisible city" – body and borders in the city